‘I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of the partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, because confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus’ (Phil 1:3-6)
So Paul begins as he writes to the church in Philippi. How encouraging. He gave thanks for the partnership in the gospel he shared with the Christians in that city.
Friends, I am not the Apostle Paul, and to be honest I could not say that I always thank God for all of you – which is both a sad indictment and a rebuke for me. I should be more concerned for praying in thanks for 5pm Church.
That said, I have been thankful in prayer for the efforts that so many have put in as part of the ‘Hello Neighbor’ mission we have just been running.
Here is a review.
- There was something for everyone – in the least we were called to ‘Pray for Hello’. Thanks for praying.
- The ‘Hello City Dweller’ meant that lots of houses around the Adelaide CBD were letterboxed – my goodness there are many places that have ‘No Aust Post’ or the like. Oh well. My favourite ‘posting’ was the Rectory of another church in Adelaide (that will help our relationship!). As we were asking for non-perishable donations to give to those who don’t have homes, it was good to see that the donations in the church went up substantially and we even had people dropping items into the office. Thanks for letterboxing.
- The ‘Hello Samhri’ didn’t come off. Although we have some connections. We’ll give this another go sometime.
- The ‘Hello Streets’ Care Packs were fantastic. Thanks to all in the Home Groups who helped out with this. Peter finalizing these this week and took them to Westcare (see the photos on the 5pm Facebook Group). Thanks for helping.
- The ‘Ask God’ series at church had lots of questions. There were visitors who came (last week all but one of the questions asked in Question Time came from visitors). Great to see people engaging with the difficult topics graciously.
- And the ‘Hello Come Over’ seemed to have a few people invite folk into their home for a meal. We had one, that started very awkwardly and ended with ‘Let’s do this again – we’ll host next time’
So thanks for getting on board with this mission. Hope you had fun and enjoying serving our gospel king.
#KenDNoaks #Adelaide #Prayer #Philippians